Tuesday, February 10, 2009

30 Random Things


I was tagged on Facebook. So that essentially means I am supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me and then at the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.

It was fun. So I made it 30 and I’m putting them on the blog.

(I wish I had something cleverer to say to begin the post, but I don’t, so ha. I still maintain that I am a vortex of ozumness)

1. I never sleep before a trip. Never. It's 3am now and my flight to Delhi leaves in 3 hours.

2. Music sometimes gets me more high than sex, drugs or... er, booze.

3. When I was young, and the first time I saw the sunflower oil ad with the kid waking up 1/1000th his normal size and being chased by big fluffy pooris, I had nightmares for weeks.

4. I am secretly thrilled that I'm Gemini.

5. Smarts over looks anyday. And wit over smarts anytime. But all of this only holds if you're at least 5'11 and have a badass bank balance.

6. I can amuse myself for hours in my room imagining impossible imaginings. Like, what if I had a time-stopping device. Or what's the point of a 'moral compass' if you dont believe in afterlife anyway. Or who the hell stole one of my red striped socks?

7. I want to change the world.

8. When I was younger I used to fervently wish I would turn into a boy. Now, I just fervently wish I was 5'11.

9. I am finally living with no regrets, no expectations and no agendas. It still scares the shit out of me, but I wouldn't trade this phase in my life for anything in the world.

10. I hate birthdays and get severely depressed and listen to losing my religion all night.

11. I've never not gotten what I wanted. Really. Or I just lose the want for it. But usually I just get what I want. Men, grades, admissions, recognition, whatever.

12. I have poor taste in men.

13. I lose and gain weight very quickly. I've lost 4 kilos in a week once.

14. At my heaviest I was 74 kilos. At my lightest, I was 49. That was in a span of 2 years.

15. I was 5'4 when I was 12 years old, and then I stopped growing permanently.

16. I love my dogs. I doubt I can ever love anyone with such unconditional emotion.

17. I dont forgive people. I just stop thinking about them.

18. I want five kids one day.

19. I have substituted my support system with my blog, gtalk and facebook. Yes, google runs my life. Don't be evil.

20. I hate people touching my hair.

21. I once dated a different guy each day of the week. I didn't get any sleep, but I got a lot of beer. (And no, before you ask, didnt get any sex either)

22. I dont know if I will ever be ready for marriage.

23. My left eye is minus 5.75 and my right eye is minus 3.25 and my cylindrical is minus 2.75.

24. I once played pinball for 6 hours straight and hit 10 million.

25. I love London. I've never felt more at home anywhere else, Madras included.

26. I am more terrified of being divorced than of being married.

27. I never kept in touch with my first love. I sometimes think about him and wonder what happened to him. Are you out there? Are you happy? I wish somedays I could go back and not be mean to you.  

28. I love getting gifts. Especially spontaneous ones – like your friend stopping on the walk back to your house and getting you a pair of blue earrings from the roadsidewallah. Just because.

29. I secretly look up to my brother. But I keep telling him he’s a stupid bloody moron anyway cuz I know he’ll never read my blog.

30. One day 700 million people will know my name, and they will know what I do, and they will name their children after me, and they will write about me and talk about me while passing the salt at the dinner table. That day, I will give everything up. And forgive all the people I have forgotten.

4 comments:

Sesha said...

"I secretly look up to my brother. But I keep telling him he’s a stupid bloody moron anyway cuz I know he’ll never read my blog " Now thats an eye opener

Maddy said...

WoW - is all I have for you - sensational and inspirational! This is an interesting mental exercise. Mine would be boring if not empty at this phase of my life. I wonder about the choices in life and if we really have to choose.

amritevil said...

Brutally Honest ... u dont like people touching ur wig ??

karan said...

@amrit
hahaha.. wig... hahahahahahahaha!!!! that was ozum!!

@copos Mentis
since when did u get emotional?