Monday, March 27, 2006

Sabbatical


I am taking a month off from blogging (not that I was ever that wonderfully prompt before but...) to burn the midnight oil. With GMAT a month away and me reeling under a severe case of the jitters, I have decided if I am to suffer, then by God I'm going to do it right. Complete abstinence from books, movies, blogging, any sort of enjoyment whatsoever. I'm hoping total boredom at least will compel me to hit the books.

Incidentally, I have been watching quite a few good movies of late. Lets see, last week there was Munich, Syriana, Mrs Henderson Presents, Closer, Last Tango in Paris, 40 year old V and this Brit film my friend dragged me to at the crack of dawn on a bloody Sunday (oh alright, it was at 9am but thats close enough! Sacrificing my ritualistic Sunday morning sleep-in is blasphemous). A word on Last Tango.. very disturbing and compelling. If you're the la-di-da type, stay away from this one, but if you're not easily offended do catch it, Brando is magnificent.

And reading. Just got thru George Eliot's The Mill on the Floss, Edith Wharton's House of Mirth and even managed to squeeze in a bit of Terry Pratchett. I say, he's wonderful for steadyin the nerves a bit, especially when you're all wound up.

On a final note- for now at least- V, let me plaguarise a bit from your blog, well just the link anyway to that party floated by IITians. Do take a look.

No comments: