Thursday, February 2, 2006

Come out, come out, wherever you are


Here's something really interesting. The picture above is one of the cleverest marketing stunts I've seen in ages. Here's the high resolution picture. Apparently there are74 bands hidden in the picture. I had loads of fun figuring out who's who. Some of the more obvious ones are Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Matchbox Twenty, Sex Pistols, Queen. Fifty Cent, Blind Melon, Alice in Chains, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Scissor Sisters, The Pixies, Blur, The Eagles, RadioHead, The Police, Garbage, Spoon, White Zombie.. But thats just scratching the surface. Try finding Green day, Deep purple (I had to know it was included before I could spot it), Dead Kennedys, Kiss (Lol, this was so obvious. I smacked my forehead when I spotted it) Crowded House, The doors.. Well, I'm not gonna give it ALL away!

In other news, I won't be going to the Jethro Tull concert this Friday. Bummer. I really wanted to go but ARGH there's no one I know who really digs that kind of music. Well, there's Alex and D4 but one's got an interview and the other's working. Scheize.

Incredibly (Or not so incredibly, dad's kinda cool.. for a 45yr old) Dad's going to the concert with his friends. So there's the final twist of the knife. Ouch.

Speaking of incredible things.. Here's a news article that you must read: Tech tonic: IITians form political party. I must say, kudos to those guys. And good luck. I have a feeling they're gonna need all the luck they can get.

Thats it for the status update.. Incidentally, since Sunday's rock night I've been lost in the land of Led Zepp. I do this sometimes. Go for days in a Pink-Floyd-induced (or in this case, Led Zepp) trance. So until I'm back to normal. Here's something to salivate over.

No comments: